Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Article Reflection # 3 about the wiki

Before setting up a wiki page I was able to view videos and got definitions of what a wiki was, because before doing this assignment I didn't know anything about it. I would not be able to do this with my class, because I teach preschool but if I had a class with older children, this would be a fun tool to use. I would be able to have so much information on the pages for my students to use. There are spots for syllabus', course outlines, assignments, agendas and sidebars for easy access to the areas of the page.
One thing I would use this for is for a class project or presentation. Children could pick a subject to make a wiki about. I could put a syllabus with the outline of the project and goals and I could make an outline of what I want the project to look like. I also could make an agenda so that children have the due dates to turn items in. This would be helpful for children to create their projects on the open pages, and still have all the information they need in the same area. This is also electronic so you do not have to worry about paper copies and things being lost.
I could use wiki in my life to help keep myself organized. Help especially with school functions like we are using now, if we didn't have elearning this could be an option for an online class.
I did not have any trouble setting up the wiki, the only thing I had trouble with was making sure the right information was put onto my wiki. I need to keep in my this item to help me in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment